Event will be conducted in English
Re-establish your Islamic Foundations and re-learn the Absolutely Essential Knowledge a Muslim needs to know, observe and practice.
Allah said: "I have not created jinn and mankind except to worship Me”.
As Muslims, we believe this life is a means for us to please Allah, obey Him and thank Him for His countless blessings and gifts. Our first obligation is to know Allah, understand the 6 articles of faith and the 5 pillars of Islam.
Without seeking proper knowledge and having the right foundation, our worship and daily life may be doubtful at best, or worse, rejected.
This course outlines the absolutely essential knowledge a Muslim needs to follow the footsteps of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, in our worship and obedience to Allah The Almighty.
In this introductory course, participants will learn about the the Personally Obligatory (Fard al-'ayn), the Communally Obligatory (Fard al-Kifayah) and the rulings of sacred law (the obligatory, the recommended, the unlawful, the offensive and the permissible).
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to build a solid foundation in understanding Islam, whether you are a born Muslim, re-observant Muslim, non-Muslim or convert/revert. It is also a recommended refresher course for Muslim parents living in contemporary Singapore.
The teacher will be using Al-Maqasid by Imam Nawawi and 'Umdat as-Salik wa 'Uddat (Reliance of the Traveller) by Shihabuddin Abu al-'Abbas Ahmad ibn an-Naqib al-Misri as references.
This course will be conducted 4 lessons, (Every Tuesday, inclusive of notes) Limited spaces are available, so register early to avoid disappointment!
Commences: 15th June 2021 (Tuesday)
Register NOW: https://SimplyIslam.sg/AEI
Date: 15th June 2021 (Tuesday)
Time: 8pm - 10pm
Frequency: Every Tuesday (once a week)
Teacher: Ustadh Muhammad Salleh
Medium of Instruction: English
No. of Lessons: 4
Venue: SimplyIslam.sg @ 152 Still Road (Eunos)
This course is open to all, ages 15 and above. No knowledge, exposure or familiarity to Islamic knowledge required. At the end of the course participants can expect to have a solid foundation on Islamic faith, essentials and practices at a basic level.*Dates are subject to changes.
- Divine Oneness, Attributes, and Revelation
- Death, the Grave, and the Afterlife
- Sins and Disbelief
- Predestination and types of knowledge
- The ranks of Prophets, Messengers and Companion
- The Purificatory Bath (Ghusl)
- Dry Ablution
- Menstruation, post natal bleeding and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Types of filth and purification from them
- Cleaning after relieving oneself
- Adhan/Iqamah (call for prayer)
- The Obligatory Prayers
- Times of Prescribed Prayers
- Times when prayer is forbidden
- Sunna Prayers
- How to perform the Prayer
- The Integrals of Prayer
- The Main Sunnas of Prayer
- Forgetfulness Prostation (Sujud Sahwi)
- Group Prayer
- Shortening or joining prayers for travel or rain
- How to perform the Prayer (Practical)
- Ablution and dry ablution (Practical)
- The intention of fasting
- Things that invalidate fast
- Conditions for a valid fast
- Those not required to fast
- Sunnas of Fasting
- Days unlawful to fast
- Valid excuses from Fasting
- Zakah mal
- Zakah Fithrah
- Deserving recipient of Zakah